The Primitive Methodist Mission to North Wales
This shorter publication, of about 20,000 words, traces the coming of Primitive Methodism into the old North Wales counties of Flintshire and Denbighshire from its bases in Shropshire and Cheshire. The first five chapters trace the story until 1852; the final three survey some significant later developments, and consider the ethos, or ‘feel’, of the movement.
The above picture is of Ffrwd chapel. Hugh Bourne, one of the founders of Primitive Methodism, preached in the first chapel built on the site in 1843. The chapel closed in 2018.
Price: £3 (including postage) – or download for free from the above link.
Publisher: Wesley Historical Society (Wales) in association with Tentmaker Publications (www.tentmakerpublications.com)